Regrettably the Advance Mobility Independence/Independence MAX has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
For 5-10 year olds, maximum weight limit of 100lbs (45kg).
Designed for the active, outdoor family, the Independence will take you anywhere you want to go e.g. woodlands, beaches and moorlands. The Independence can also be supplied with an Extended Footwell for a child over 10 years who is slim and lightweight, see the Independence MAX model.
For guidance we would recommend the Independence for those people who want it:
- to go off road….and do it really well
- to be convertible, to extend the lifespan of the pushchair for a slim lightweight occupant older than 10 years
Get this pushchair if:
- you want a pushchair primarily for urban usage with non demanding off road use
- the occupant is broad across the shoulders
- you are accustomed to a swivel wheel pushchair and do not mind potentially limiting the useful lifespan of the pushchair in order to get this attribute
- if you are not tall, e.g. less that 5ft tall
If in doubt then call us to discuss!
We also sell a larger model with a weight limit of 200lbs, the Freedom.
The Key Features:
Single fixed front wheel
- easier for use off road or in areas with steep hills recommended for jogging
- extend the footwell for child with longer leg (i.e. the ‘MAX’ conversion kit)
- less manoeuvrable around town and inside shops
- positive action
- not adjustable
- maximum weight limit 100lbs, 7 stone, 45kg
Lightweight, robust aluminium frame
- lifetime frame warranty
- 12 months on wheels & fabrics etc.
Padded reclining seat
- simple seat angle adjustment by rear strap
Simple folding system
- folds compactly
- easy fast fold system
Large 16″ wheels
- make light work of town or country surfaces either at a sedate walking pace or jogging at speed
- large footplate with slots to fit foot restraint straps (optional accessory)
Quick release wheels
Five point adjustable height harness
- shoulder strap height adjustment
- adjustable length crotch strap
Running brake and parking brake
- front wheel running brake and calliper release to aid quick release wheel
- dual rear wheel positive action parking brake
- (plus handle safety wrist strap)
Rain cover included
- quick fit weather protection
- multi-position sun canopy
- easy angle adjustment
- peep hole window(lets you see in from above)
- side vents
Multi-position sun canopy
- good sized underseat basket
- rear seat storage net
- zipped pocket for keys/cards etc.
- machine washable fabrics
- heavy duty inner tubes (reduce punctures)
- eligible for VAT relief when purchased for a child/young adult with special needs
The Independence pushchair is not ‘Crash Tested’ it cannot be used for transporting a child in a vehicle.
There are also some extra accessories available:
Please note, this product is intended for outdoor use, due to it’s size it may not be practical for use indoors or shops.
Whilst the Advance Mobility Independence may be used for someone with special needs the hammock style seat makes it unsuitable if they require postural management support, if in doubt please seek the advice of your physiotherapist.
If you would like to see the Mobility Freedom & Independence models in action there are some videos on Youtube of events staged by AVAPACE – Cerebral Palsy Association in Valencia